Interview with Allyson Latta

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

By a Nose

It's taken me a few days to recover from the Colts' loss to the Patriots. I've avoided reading media analysis, listening to interviews with Manning and his teammates, Dungy's comments. I've been reflecting quietly, replaying the second half in my head. The Colts rounded the bend in good finishing position, then in the last leg they lost the lead, physically changed their gait, their composure, lost their stride. Was it Marvin Harrison's absence, too much confidence from their first half victory? Or was it Reggie Wayne's slippery hands, the Patriot's ticked-off defence and Brady's wicked competitiveness that turned the entire game around? I suppose it's all of those things and more. In the end, they had a good race and only, really, lost by a nose. No roses draped around their necks. As a fan it's a bitter defeat, but hell it wasn't the Superbowl and it's time for me to get back on the horse. When Manning meets Brady again, he'll show him what the Colts are really made of. And they'll race through that finish line by at least a furlong!

No comments: