Interview with Allyson Latta

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Launching my new book - Animal - Friday, June 19th

Hey Ya'll:

This coming Friday I'd love it if you attended the launch of my new book!

This is the invite my superb publisher supplied:

Anvil Press & McNally Robinson Booksellers are
pleased to invite you to join us in celebrating the
release of Alexandra Leggat’s new collection of
short fiction ...

ANIMAL

Friday, June 19th • 8:00 pm

McNally Robinson Booksellers
at the Shops of Don Mills
1090 Don Mills Road
(corner of Lawrence Ave. East & Don Mills Rd.
Events Space, 2nd Floor)
Free Event • Reading • Signing
www.anvilpress.com info:

I really hope you can come, not only because I'd love you to attend the book launch but to check out the greatest new bookstore in town, McNally Robinson Booksellers - where it's all about the book, in all its brilliance, and reading, reading, reading; the good it does.

Come to the restaurant, Prairie Ink, have dinner or a drink before the launch, bring your kids,(superb children's book section!) Have a drink in the restaurant after the launch, listen to some music, sit on the patio, talk about books or whatever the hell you want to talk about on a breezy summer evening. It's not just about my new book, come out and experience all the cool happenings here.

Hope to see you!!!

Cheers!

2 comments:

dantheguy said...

Arrrgh! I missed it! But I bought the book at Chapters and will be digging into it just after I finish Marjane Satrapi's "Chicken With Plums". I hope it went well! And perhaps some of the short stories in it will make major motion pictures in the future... Sarah Polley said that the short story is the perfect medium for film adaptation.

All the best!
Dan

James said...

I missed it too but I'll purchase the book very soon.I really wanted to see your book store but i couldn't...:(
insurance quote...