Interview with Allyson Latta

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Lady Sings The Blues

Well a 3-2 win over Birmingham City at Stamford Bridge was a great start today for Chelsea - they have not had a home defeat in the Premier League for 63 games. And even though they were without John Terry, Frank Lampard donned the skipper's armband and they were out of the gate with flying colors - a sign of things to come, no doubt.

I suppose I was a bit premature in saying that I thought this year would be Rooney's pinnacle one for Man U. Poor kid hurt his ankle and limped off the pitch against Reading today. Despite the bevy of other great players remaining, I was a little underwhelmed by the match. The bottomline, I really wanted Reading to win.

Arsenal beat Fulham much to my chagrin and Liverpool beat Aston Villa. Well, at least Chelsea made a victorious debut. Here's to the blues.

My heads been in Spain the last little while though. I'm immersed in a brilliant biography of Pablo Picasso, thrilled about Henry leaving Arsenal for FC Barcelona and of course my favourite wonder kid starting this year for Barcelona along side Henry and the boys - Giovani Dos Santos. They play in the friendly the Franz Beckenbaur Cup this Wednesday against Bayern Munich. Another mid-week fixture on the 15th, Chelsea play Reading. This time I do not want Reading to win and will be singing for the Blues.

Speaking of singing the blues and running with the bulls, Toronto FC's 3-0 loss to the New York Red Bulls was a tad of a hammering. Altidore was in fine form today for the Red Bulls scoring two goals against the rattled Toronto club in the second half, adding on to Juan Pablo Angel's first half stunner. The red card only added insult to injury.

Ole! The fun and games has just begun!!

No comments: