Interview with Allyson Latta

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Speaking of Being Speechless

One of the many things I've always loved about sports is that when all else fails it's a source for discussion. But I have to ask myself what the hell I'm doing wrong when all discourse has ceased in my recent blogs. When I was writing about soccer, people had something to say. It was good. Then I got all caught up in the NFL and I've had next to no comments on my entries, which is rather unsettling compared to the amount of hits I'm getting. So what am I doing wrong? A lot of people I know have told me that they wish I'd write about something else because they don't really get into sports. I tell them that I write about sports because I enjoy it and it's a great outlet for me being a creative writer and all. I write about sports on my blog because usually it conjures up response, discussion, debate, a good old tete-a-tete. But no.

Ah, who gives a shit. The beauty of these damn things is one can write about whatever the hell they want to write about and it kills me that Indy is out of the playoffs, really kills me. And yet to be completely honest, I must admit I'd rather they lost to an extremely strong and crafty Chargers than go up against New England again and lose. Not that I don't believe that Indy can beat New England which they have proven but in my loyal gut I had a feeling that this was not their year to do it again. Good Ol' Peyton took the Colts loss to the Chargers like the man that he is and didn't blame it on injuries because San Diego has injuries too, they just beat them.

Who knows now. I dreamt that New England lose their next game. I'd love to see the Giants go all the way. They truly look like they have what it takes to do so and I'm not just saying that because of the Manning element but my gut told me so. What do you all think - the millions of you out there who have a thing or two to say about the game!

No comments: